October 1, 2006
Banana Sweet paniyaram
- Maida (All purpose flour) – 1 1/2 cups
- Banana – 1 (Big size)
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Coconut ( chopped into very small pieces) – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil – to fry
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- fry the finely chopped coconut pieces in ghee until golden brown and keep it aside.
- mash the banana well with hand.Add the maida, sugar,cardomom powder, fried coconut pieces,salt to the mashed banana.
- add little water and form a thick batter.(like vada batter).
- Heat the oil in kadai.
- Using a spoon or hand drop the batter (about the size of lemon) in the oil and deep fry till they are golden brown.
- Serve hot.